Thursday, December 3, 2009

It was all worth it!

It’s been a while I have written….
This one makes its special and something to cherish for the New Year to come.
Very recently I had my master’s commencement.
When I was sitting by the podium before my name was called, I could think of endless adjustments I had to make for this day to happen, number of parties and fun time I had to give up, sleepless days to balance work and studies and the list goes on.
But sitting there on that day made me realizes that it was all worth it.
It is not until you see the results of your perseverance that you realize the true taste of success.
Message today is very simple, whichever path you are pursuing, there may be several roadblocks, several failures, endless thoughts of giving it up …don’t quit. Very soon you will realize that “It was all worth it”

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Related to this...there is a small tini tiny book called '212 degrees: The extra effort'. The premises is that...
    At 211 Degrees, water is hot
    At 212 Degrees, it boils
    And with boiling water, comes steam
    And with Steam you can power an entire train !

    Just when you think you can't get to the finish line, you just have lost the opportunity to cross the line. One tiny effort more and you have accomplished what you had wanted. Never Give up!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sheetal. Reading your blog made me realize that perseverance is indeed needed to accomplish ones goals. As I am on the brink of finishing my own PhD I realize there are days when I just want to give it up and call it a day but then I remind myself that this has always been my dream and need to fulfill it for nobody else but myself.

    ReplyDelete