Monday, May 4, 2009

I am on Facebook....Now what?

Are you wondering if you really need to have a blog, be on twitter, facebook or stay connected via linkedin?

So far I have interacted with two kinds of people, one who are actively connected to networking sites and ones that are clueless and have no idea as to why they need to.

I just finished reading a book called Social Networking by Liz Lynch. A very informative and easy to read I would say. It serves both kind of people that I have mention above the ones who have no idea, it will give you an insight as to why it so important and how to get started and to the novice audience it would teach you some important tools as to how you could continue connecting and networking better and efficiently. I definitely recommend it!

Some of the lesson I have learned so far. I have seen number of real time stories regarding people looking out for a job via monster, ladders or any of those sites and have had no luck. Impressively to them these networking sites have helped. It is amazing to learn how they have connected with right person via using one the social networking sites. Not only that many entrepreneurial initiatives began via connecting with new people and letting them know what one was looking for.
If you are interested in socializing and learn more about people and stay connected 24X7 nothing could be a better way than using one of the social sites. Some of the initiatives that you haven’t even thought could emerge by connecting with right people or right group of people.
Just started a new e-business or any in that matter, need to pull in customers? Still wondering where to go about and start advertising for free?
I could list endless list of how much connecting via social networking sites is absolutely must in today’s environment. If you have doubt and wonder how it could benefit you and if you are still unsure feel free to write to me.
Happy Social Networking!!

1 comment:

  1. I am HUGE on social networking! Now pass over that book! I need more ideas ha!

    ReplyDelete