Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Personal Note

Something personal to me that I am going to share.

I know this person very well. She has a huge contribution in raising me.
She has been in United States of America for about 20 years.
When people are tired, they would probably take her name and ask for strength and continue to work.
She is 78 years old and not to mention the most important thing, she is living here for 20 years without car!!

So when she wants to make my favorite meal what does she do. She plans ahead for about three days in advance. She changes at least 3 buses to get the right grocery for me.
Then next days she again goes to the other end of the city and brings my most favorite fruits by changing at least 4 buses one way. Carrying at minimum 10 lb bags in each hand. She is still a perfectionist and extremely endearing. Her cooking is infectious.

I see people at her age and thank god that she is so blessed to be healthy. I wish I could do half of the work she does.
The greatest learning I have learned from her, never compromise on your ability to serve. Do what you can but whatever work you do, do it so well as if god had to evaluate you.

The person I am talking about is no other than my "Grandmother".

2 comments: